Executive Advisory Board
The Physics Executive Advisory Board shall provide guidance and counsel to the Department
of Physics on matters related to research, curriculum and industrial outreach efforts
in our areas of emphasis. The Board shall assist the Department in assessment of
activities meant to enhance the national and international visibility of its educational
and research programs, and related development strategies.
Physics Executive Advisory Board Members
Professor Ivar Giaever, Chair
- Nobel Laureate, Physics, 1973
- Eminent Scholar, University of South Florida
- Professor Emeritus, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- News Article: Nobel Laureate to Chair Physics Executive Advisory Board.
Professor Douglas H. Lowndes
- Director, Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences (CNMS)
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Professor J. Gary Eden
- Director, Laboratory for Optical Physics and Engineering
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.